SMOOTHIE KING BIG EASY RUNNING FESTIVAL
More than 2,000 runners will be making their way through the historic streets of New Orleans for the first-ever Smoothie King Big Easy Running Festival. The inaugural event, which includes half marathon, 4-mile, and 1-mile race options, will end with a finish fit for New Orleans, as runners are greeted at Smoothie King Center by the infamous moves of the 610 Stompers, Cowboy Mouth, and the spirited sounds of area high schools bands. The prize purse for the race is $25,000.
Smoothie King and more than 2,000 runners from 33 states.
Smoothie King’s mission is to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle. The Smoothie King Big Easy Running Festival supports this mission in a way that engages the local community.
Finish Line: Smoothie King Center
1501 Dave Dixon Drive
New Orleans, LA 70113
7:00 AM – Half Marathon Begins
9:45 AM – 4-Mile Race Begins
10:30 AM – 1-Mile Race Begins
- Interview with Smoothie King CEO Wan Kim (running 4 mi. race)
- Interview with Smoothie King COO Tom O’Keefe (running 4 mi. race)
- Interview with Smoothie King employee Stephen Foley, who will donate $50 to Girls on the Run or Youth Run NOLA for everyone on his team who beats him in the half marathon race
- Interview with race coordinator Bill Burke
- Visual of 2,000+ runners engaged in the race/race festivities