NEW ORLEANS, (June 9, 2015) - Smoothie King Franchises, Inc., the leading smoothie franchise company with more than 700 stores worldwide, today announced a partnership with U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team Star Lauren Holiday. Post World Cup Finals, a new campaign called “Celebrate the Cup” will launch, bringing Holiday to cities across the country to participate in local soccer clinics. The campaign will begin in July 2015 with dates and locations to be announced after the World Cup.
“Lauren Holiday is an incredible athlete who truly encompasses the mission of Smoothie King to inspire a healthy and active lifestyle,” said Wan Kim, owner and CEO of Smoothie King. “Smoothie King will be cheering for Lauren throughout the World Cup and we look forward to working with her to inspire many young athletes across the U.S. this summer. Let’s ‘Celebrate the Cup’ and (hopefully) a U.S. victory!”
About Lauren Holiday
Lauren was introduced to the World most prominently in the summer of 2011 scoring goals for the U.S. at the FIFA Women’s World Cup. She scored the first goal and assisted on the winning goal in the semi-final against France on July 13, 2011. The USA’s best post-up player has shown to have an ability to impact the game off the bench and in a starting role. Lauren is strong into physical battles, but also an excellent passer in the attacking third and has shown the ability to partner well with whoever is on the forward line with her.
At the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, her leadership on and off the field helped propel her team to win an Olympic Gold Medal, the second of Lauren’s career. Lauren is a two-time U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year award recipient (2007, 2014).
Lauren met her future husband, NBA star and fellow Wasserman Media Group client Jrue Holiday, while they were both student athletes at UCLA. The All-Star couple exchanged vows in 2013. They are active in the communities of Los Angeles and New Orleans.
- 2014 U.S. Soccer Female Athlete of the Year 2014 NWSL Championship
- Championship Game MVP 2014
- 2013 NWSL Best XI
- 2013 NWSL Golden Boot Award; NWSL Most Valuable Player
- 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist
- 2011 FIFA World Cup Silver Medalist
- 2010 WPS #2 Draft Pick
- 2009 1st player in UCLA history to earn NSCAA/Adidas First-Team
- All-America honors all four years
- 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist
- 2007 U.S. Soccer Young Female Athlete of the Year
- 2006 Parade All-American; NCAA first-team All-American; NSCAA Freshman of the Year; Gatorade Player of the Year