Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities
- Participate in general ledger activities to include preparing and entering journal entries to support month end closing, reviewing general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, including all general ledger bank accounts, updating monthly financial statements and reports, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Maintain records for banking activities for company bank accounts including returns from stop pays and non-sufficient funds, wire transfers, and deposits.
- Manage credit card payments and gift card requests for the corporate office.
- Work with franchisees to maintain accurate banking information on file.
- Make an impact by demonstrating ownership and understanding of this role and the roles of other team members.
- Assist the team, Controller, and CFO in other areas of finance/accounting as needed.
Specific Job Requirements
- Understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical, problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Basic accounting principles knowledge.
- Documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking.
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of experience with cash management/treasury accounting preferred.
- Intermediate to Expert competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and Word.