Smoothie King Expansion Signals International Trend Toward Healthy Living
Bobby Williams(985) 635-6973, ext. 157
July 23, 2009
NEW ORLEANS – July 23, 2009 – Smoothie King, the originator of the nutritional fruit smoothie, has provided healthy alternatives to the public since 1973. The company continues to support that commitment by announcing the launch of the new Premium Smoothie King line of Vitamins and Supplements that address current American habits.
Some 2009 trends include:
- The recession is sparking a search for balance in nutrition and overall lifestyles, with consumers eliminating anything toxic from their lives (including certain foods) and focusing on “beauty from inside.” (Natural Marketing Institute)
- Vitamins and supplements sales rose from 8-10 percent, as consumers try to stay healthy and avoid incurring medical expenses. (Information Resources Inc.)
The new Premium Smoothie King Vitamins and Supplements taps into trends like these, and is “the latest in our long tradition of providing a comprehensive product lineup of to meet each guest’s nutritional needs,” said Steve Kuhnau, co-founder and CEO.
The new line includes:
- Whole-Nutrition Total Body Multis for Men and Women – Containing more than 70 vitamins and minerals, enzymes, herbs, nutrients and amino acids.
- Acai Berry Cleanse and Flush – Helps internally cleanse the digestive tract in just two weeks.
- Green Tea Fat Burning – Uses green tea to speed up the metabolism and burn fat faster.
- Natural Calorie Burning Weight Loss – Combines natural ingredients and key extracts together for total weight loss support.
- All-Day Energy Rapid Boost – Provides a natural source of caffeine, waking you up and warming you.
Smoothie King opened 103 new stores in the United States last year and continues to expand with 34 stores opened since January 2009.
# # #
About Smoothie King Franchises, Inc.
Smoothie King is a privately held, New Orleans-area-based franchise company and the premier Smoothie Bar and Nutritional Lifestyle Center in the industry. Smoothie King offers guests the original nutritional fresh-blended smoothie and healthy retail products, including sports beverages, energy bars, healthy snacks, vitamin supplements, herbs, minerals and other sports nutrition products. Smoothie King opened its first store in 1973 and started as the first franchised smoothie bar/health food store in the United States in 1989, and currently has more than 600 units operating in 32 states and the Republic of Korea.