Special Health Needs
Smoothie King Information for Gastric By Pass Patients
The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is an ideal protein for Gastric By Pass Patients because it is so easy to digest while providing the body with additional nutrients.
Created so that guests who enjoy the Gladiator Smoothie can also enjoy our product at home, Gladiator® protein powder is available in Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry.
The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement contains our special proprietary Gladiator protein blend. This protein blend:
- Is not like the other protein powders on the market. It is very low in carbohydrates (1 gram per serving) and contains added nutrients that assist with muscle building and energy production, while enhancing protein digestion and absorption
- Includes nutrients to provide better antioxidant protection and exercise recovery, unlike other leading brands, which typically only add 35%-50% of the RDA of these nutrients.
- The unique combination of ingredients includes superior quality whey and egg white protein, a vitamin and mineral complex, L-Glutamine, Aminogen, xanthan and guar gum, natural vanilla or chocolate flavoring and sucralose
Each ingredient found in The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement has its own special properties, which makes the Gladiator so unique.
The Whey Protein we use in the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is the highest quality protein available.
- Whey protein is the most easily absorbed of all protein types and provides very quick dispersion of protein into the system
- Whey protein also has the most protein concentration of all proteins, but many do not realize the differences between the types of whey proteins that are available.
- Whey protein is available in two primary forms 1) as a concentrate and 2) as an isolate. Studies have shown that:
- Whey isolate is much higher in concentration and has higher absorption rates. Whey protein concentrate is the less expensive, poorer quality of the two forms.
The whey protein we use in the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement is not only a whey isolate but is processed in a specific manner that increases digestibility. This process is called cross-flow micro filtration or CFM. Cross-flow micro filtration is a gentler process that does not dramatically alter the protein from its natural state. More benefits of cross flow micro filtration are listed below:
Cross-Flow Micro Filtered (CFM) Whey Protein:
- CFM Whey is the most technically advanced protein available on the market today
- CFM Whey has higher levels of calcium than other proteins
- CFM Whey is free of fat, cholesterol, and most importantly CFM Whey is Lactose Free
- CFM Whey contains all essential amino acids and provides a balanced protein composition
- CFM Whey protein contains large quantities of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s – Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine) which are critical to muscle growth and recovery
- CFM Whey has a more natural flavor without a heavy protein aftertaste
- CFM Whey mixes instantly and provides clarity and stability when mixed with liquids
- CFM Whey contains glycomacropeptides which have been shown to stimulate the immune system
- CFM Whey contains anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties as well as digestion regulation properties
Egg White Protein
- Has the best amino acid profile available in a single protein
- Utilizes the nitrogen in the blood, which is what actually builds muscle
- Egg has a medium digestion rate for protein and unlike whey protein it is absorbed slowly and continuously by the body
- By using Egg Protein along with whey protein in the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement we ensure maximum absorption by providing a source of rapidly absorbed protein (whey) and slowly absorbed protein (egg white)
- To add to the already effective combination of superior quality proteins, we have also added the revolutionary new protein digestive enzyme Aminogen®
- Aminogen® is an all-natural plant enzyme system that significantly improves protein digestion and absorption into the blood stream
- Studies have shown that when Aminogen® is taken with whey protein the amino acids found in the blood stream are as much as 55% greater than when whey protein is consumed alone
- Proper digestion of protein not only enhances protein absorption but also reduces the abdominal discomfort often found when taking protein supplements
- Aminogen® is a key selling point for the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement.
Remember – “it’s not how much protein you eat that counts, but how much protein your body absorbs that counts”
- L-Glutamine is an amino acid that is found naturally in proteins
- L-Glutamine is the most abundant free form amino acid in muscle, comprising over 50% of the free form amino acids.
- L-Glutamine is critical to muscular growth and recovery
- Studies have shown that exercise causes muscles to release large amounts of L-Glutamine in much larger quantities than other amino acids. In fact there is not enough L-Glutamine in your muscles to provide the amount lost during exercise. Your body’s immune cells also require large quantities of L-Glutamine. This makes it very important for active individuals to supplement their diets with L-Glutamine. It is also very beneficial to choose sources of protein high in Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s), which assist in production of L-Glutamine in muscle cells. Our Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement provides 5 grams of L-Glutamine and 12 grams of BCAA’s per serving which is much higher than other leading brands.
Vitamin and Mineral Complex
- The Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement also includes a Vitamin and Mineral Complex specifically designed by our founder, Steve Kuhnau, to promote optimum health in active individuals
- We intentionally added additional amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and B Vitamins for enhanced immune protection and energy production
- Other leading brands typically contain 33%-50% of the RDA of vitamins, another differing factor with the Gladiator®
Visit a Smoothie King Store near you to purchase the Gladiator® Low Carb Meal Replacement protein powder. Or ask a Smoothie King Team Member about your lifestyle to help determine which Smoothie King Nutritional Supplements are right for you.